Soul Satisfying Journeys: Travel Tips for Any Journey
1. Balance is the cornerstone of any journey. Find things you enjoy
doing. Do a variety of things, but in moderation.
2. Allow things in your life, which make your heart sing, feed your
soul or nourish you on a daily basis.
3. Get organized. Plan ahead and make provisions for your trip. Keep
your travel plans, including accommodation details, to yourself.
4. Allow yourself to work with the "flow of nature" and change as
your situation changes.
5. Be flexible as the old willow survives in a hurricane, where the
brittle, stubborn oak does not.
6. The number one rule is don't drink the water, and that includes
ice. Only use water from containers with a serrated seal - not tops
or corks. The simplest way of purifying water is to boil it
7. Thoughts on food. If you can cook it, boil it or peel it you can
eat it...otherwise forget it. Make sure you have a well-balanced
8. Keep your hands clean. Washing your hands after being outside,
after shaking hands, after every trip to the restroom and before
eating. It is the number one way to avoid germs, bacteria and the
9. Keep safe. Be aware of your surroundings. Don't take risks or
venture into areas you are not familiar with. Travel with someone or
be around others.
10. First aid checklist includes: thermometer bandages, gauze,
cotton, adhesive tape, Ace bandage, tweezers and needle (for
splinters). Insect repellent such as meat tenderizer (mix with water
to make a paste for bug bites), Aloe vera gel (for sunburns and skin
irritations) Hydrogen peroxide, and 70% rubbing alcohol Bring eye
drops, lip balm, remedy for upset stomachs, diarrhea, Dramamine,
children and adult's decongestant and antihistamine, Acetaminophen
(children's and adult's pain reliever), Calamine lotion (to soothe
sunburns, bug bites, poison ivy). Take along a triple antibiotic
cream, sun block, syrup of Ipecac (to induce vomiting in case of
poisoning). Also include any prescription medications, prescriptions
and telephone numbers for your doctors.
Andrew Pacholyk, MS, L.Ac
Therapies for healing
mind, body, spirit
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:
Community email addresses:
Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AlternativeAnswersfirstname.lastname@example.org
Shortcut URL to this page: