Women's Health Tips for Heart, Mind, and Body
Follow a Heart-Healthy Diet
- Eat more fruits and veggies.
- Choose whole grains. Try brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole wheat pasta.
- Choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes.
- Cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.
Exercise Every Day
Visit Your Doctor
Cut Down Your stress
- Deep breathing
- Healthy eating
- Talking to a friend, family member, or professional counselor
Create Healthy Habits
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss every day.
- Don't smoke.
- Limit your alcohol. Keep it to one drink a day.
- If you have medication, take it exactly how your doctor prescribed it.
- Improve your sleep. Aim for 8 hours. If you have trouble getting shut-eye, talk to your doctor.
- Use sunscreen and stay out of the sun from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wear your seatbelt.