I'm new to this group, and I have some basic questions.
Are the effects of aromatherapy based on chemistry or on perception?
In other words:
If the value of aromas is due to the chemicals involved, then...
- related chemicals might also help even if they smell different;
- they can still help people who have a poor sense of smell;
- the effects are likely to be relatively uniform over a large group of people.
But if the value of aromas is due to subjective perception and response, then...
- related chemicals that smell different will have different effects;
- unrelated chemicals that smell similar will have similar effects;
- people with a poor sense of smell will not be helped much by aromatherapy;
- the effects are likely to be subjective and relatively unpredictable over a large group of people.
This is a serious, if ignorant, question.
All serious repliles will be appreciated.
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:
Community email addresses:
Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AlternativeAnswersemail@example.com
Shortcut URL to this page: