*

Featured Post

Nutrition and Hormonal Balance

  Good Morning,  Nutrition and Hormonal Balance As an acupuncturist in the area of fertility, I realize tha...

Subscribe Updates via email

Subscribe Updates via email

Enter your email address:

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

[AlternativeAnswers] Re: Extreme Allergic Reactions to unknown food

 

That's good to remember. When I work with people homeopathically and nutritionally, or recommend Rife and cleansing, parasites are usually addressed in the process along with detoxing which is another big allergy trigger. Parasites are a very important thing to clear!
Liz :)

--- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Laskonis <laskonis13@...> wrote:
>
> Most allergies are caused by a multitude of parasites/toxins in the body.  Even gluten allergies.  When one gets rid of the parasites, the allergies will go away.  Just because you have some allergies now doesn't mean you will always have them, unless, of course, you don't get rid of the cause.  I have seen this many times in my clients.  I specialize in parasitology, and even most people who are gluten intolerant don't know that you can get rid of the allergy.
> Dr. L.
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Chris <castleboys3@...>
> To: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:22 AM
> Subject: [AlternativeAnswers] Re: Extreme Allergic Reactions to unknown food
>
>
>
>  
>
> One of my sons is allergic to tree nuts. Took us a while to find that out, we did that through an allergist. Although some things that we think don't contain tree nuts have set him off. He now avoids Kiwi and also Cheese Nips because he had a reaction one time on an evening he'd eaten both and we knew of no tree nuts involved there. But he'd eaten Kiwis for a long time prior with no reaction, cheese nip crackers too occasionally.
>
> This was years ago when he saw the allergist. They only tested for the more common type allergies, couldn't test for everything.
>
> Fruit Allergy
>
> Healthy eating has become a trend nowadays. Eating more fresh fruits is desired by most who are concerned about their lifestyle, wellbeing, and overall health. However, this may not be a healthy option for those with allergies to some fruits.
>
> Which fruits cause allergic reactions? How do you know if you have a fruit allergy?
>
> Apricots, bananas, cherries, kiwis, melons, papayas, peaches, pineapples, plums, and strawberries are certain fruits that are known to cause allergies.
>
> The most common symptom is oral allergy syndrome, characterized by allergic reactions in the mouth and throat. There can be tingling, itching, and swelling in the mouth, lips, tongue, throat, and palate. Watery itchy eyes, a runny nose and sneezing can accompany the reactions. Those with hay fever are most susceptible, especially spring hay fever due to birch pollen, and summer hay fever due to ragweed pollen. They can develop allergic reactions when they eat cross-reactive fruits. Kiwis, strawberries, apples, pears, cherries, plums, peaches, nectarines, papaya, and pineapples are usual culprits.
>
> Other symptoms include pruritis (itching), urticaria (hives), contact dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, and asthma. Handling of fresh fruits like peeling or touching the juice to the lips may cause rashes, itching or swelling where the juice comes in contact with the skin, sneezing, a runny nose, and watery eyes. Strawberries and plums can trigger allergic rashes. Apples and oranges trigger asthma.
>
> More severe symptoms include vomiting, cramps, diarrhea, and on rare occasions, life threatening anaphylactic reactions such as swelling of the throat, wheezing, and trouble breathing. Bananas can sometimes cause anaphylaxis.
>
> What are the best ways to manage a fruit allergy?
>
> Usually, allergic reactions occur when the fruits are raw. Once the fruits are cooked, canned, microwaved, processed, baked, or heated in any way, the allergic effects are reduced. So even if someone is allergic to fresh apples, they will be able to tolerate eating apple sauce, apple jelly, apple juice, apple pie, and dried apples.
>
> Also, note that the most allergenic part of the fruit is the skin, however, not due to the pesticides, chemicals, or wax on its surface. So those who are allergic to fruits such as peaches can eat the flesh without trouble, as long as the skin is peeled away.
>
> The ripeness of the fruit can also determine how allergenic it can get. Freshly picked apples, or unripe apples, may cause milder allergic reactions versus apples that are very ripe, or those that have been stored for weeks after picking.
>
> See if peeling the fruit, or eating partially ripe fruits picked directly from the tree, will result in milder allergies. If the reactions are the same as before, stop eating that certain fruit.
>
> So the best thing that can be done is simply to avoid the fruits that give you allergies, and as long as this is done, medical treatment will not be necessary. But once allergic reactions occur, antihistamine can be taken to relieve symptoms. For severe cases, immunotherapy may be recommended.
>
> To supplement the nutritional aspects of your diet, substitute with other fruits such as grapes, currants, gooseberries, guava, mango, figs, avocado, persimmon, and pomegranates. Consult your general practitioner or any healthcare provider to suggest other healthy alternatives.
>
> http://www.beyondallergy.com/food-allergies/fruit-allergy.php
>
> Chris in NC
>
> --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, Jackie Wimberly <booklvr888@> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi! I hope someone can lead my son in the right direction.
> > Some advice, some suggestions.
> > A few years ago he began having severe allergic reactions(tightness in his throat)breathing problems....when he ate some fruit or nuts. He spent A lot of money going to a well referenced allergist and tests. Nothing showed up.
> > Last night he had the worst episode.so far...after having dinner
> > at a friends house....he thought he doesn't know what he could have eaten to have casued it. Thanks to a large dose of Benadryl...
> > it calmed down after 20 min. and he slept.
> > Thanks ahead of time.
> > Jackie Wimberly booklvr888@
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > .
> >
> >  
> > .
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
*********************************************
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-

HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:

http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm
____________________________________________

-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AlternativeAnswers/subs_invite

___________________________________________
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AlternativeAnswers/links

_____________________________________________
Community email addresses:
  Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    AlternativeAnswers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  AlternativeAnswers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   AlternativeAnswers-owner@yahoogroups.com
_________________________________________
Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AlternativeAnswers
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___
Post a Comment