Natural News: Chia seeds are the ultimate survival food for long-term
Why chia seeds are the perfect storable survival food.
1) Nutrition: Chia seeds are a very high source of omega-3s, which are
linked to a wide variety of health benefits. They also contain magnesium, amino
acids and a healthy assortment of minerals. They're almost like tiny
2) Non-GMO: Chia seeds are completely non-GMO. Even better, the organic
Chia sold by the Natural News Store is certified USDA organic, meaning it has
never been sprayed with pesticide or fungicide chemicals.
3) Multitude of uses: Chia seeds can be soaked in water and tea to make a
hearty beverage, they can be sprinkled on salads and cereals, they can be
blended into bread mixes and pancake mixes, and they can even be added to
sauces, dressings and dips. Chia is one of the most versatile superfoods on
4) Affordability: Chia seeds are a fraction of the price of many other
superfoods on an ounce-by-ounce basis. In terms of the nutrition they provide,
they're one of the most affordable long-term storable superfoods yet
5) Shelf life: Chia seeds easily store for 2 - 4 years without
refrigeration, and 4+ years if refrigerated. They only require a dry, cool location.
Better yet, chia doesn't go rancid very quickly like flaxseed does. And if
you grind chia into a chia meal, it still has a long shelf life (1 - 2
years), unlike flax meal which goes rancid in less than 90 days.
6) Allergens: Chia contains no gluten, no wheat, no corn and no soy. It is
widely considered a "universal" food because nearly everyone can eat it,
including family pets and farm animals.
7) Taste: Chia tastes WAY better than flaxseed! The taste is actually more
"neutral" than anything else, meaning it goes extremely well with almost
any recipe you can imagine: Smoothies, cereals, bake mixes, etc.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
|Reply via web post||Reply to sender||Reply to group||Start a New Topic||Messages in this topic (1)|
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:
Community email addresses:
Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AlternativeAnswersemail@example.com
Shortcut URL to this page: