Natural Skin Care Treatments
Since the skin is considered the largest organ, we look at the lungs and the
large intestine, environmental factors and what we put in our mouths as the
basic skin care principles. Therapies such as Massage_Therapy, Chinese Medicine,
Exercise, Detoxing Therapy and Herbology are procedures that affects all systems
of the body; digestive, elimination, respiratory, circulatory, lymphatic,
endocrine and nervous systems.
Good skin care is a combination of proper nutrition, good elimination, sleep and
exercise. Determining your skin type is a good place to start!
Determining Your Skin Type
You have normal skin if your skin...
* Appears soft clear and supple
* Has uniform texture and pigment
* Has few or no blemishes, no oily sheen or dry spots.
* Is not overly sensitive to the sun
You have dry skin if...
* Your T-zone and cheeks are dry.
* Your skin appears taunt, fragile, dull occasional flaking especially on the
* Your pores are fine.
* Lines appear early around the eyes mouth and forehead.
* Blemishes are rarely a problem
* Extremely sensitive to sun and cold.
Note: this skin type can occur at any age but is seen mostly in wonen over 30.
You have oily skin if...
* Has an oily sheen especially in the T-zone
* Has enlarged pores especially in the nose, chin and cheek area
* Feels soft and supple
* Has an acne blemish
* Is a combination of oily and dry
* Tans easily but seldom burns
Problem skin occurs in all the skin types mentioned above. Problem, irritated or
sensitive skin includes acne, pimples, spots, open pores, blackheads, excessive
redness, eczema, rashes, delicate and fine textured, and may have patches of
reddish veins or flaking skin.
Natural Skin Care Treatments
1. Zap blemishes: Tea's tannic acid absorbs oils that lead to blemishes.
Saturate a tea bag in warm water and press on the affected area for about 5
minutes. Rinse, then dab on a some eye redness remover to get the red out.
2. Facial steam: Combine 1 cup fresh rose petals with 2 cups boiling water. Tent
a towel over your head and let steam penetrate face for 10 minutes. Stay several
inches away from the bowl.
3. Homemade exfoliator : Mix 1/8 cup of olive oil and 1 heaping tablespoon of
sea salt. Use on knees and elbows in the shower and rinse off. Pat dry with a
4. Homemade clay mask : Use 100% clay kitty litter (ground to a powder), mix
with water, apply to face, let dry, then rinse. Eye mask--Grate 1/4 of a apple
and a small raw potato and combine. Apply mixture to eyes for 15 minutes, cover
your eyes with a warm washcloth and relax with some soothing music.
5. Homemade toner : In a blender, blend 1 peeled kiwi and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
lime juice. Add an equal amount of water and blend until smooth. Use a cotton
ball to apply to face. Refrigerate any leftover toner in an airtight container.
6. Seal your pores : Close your pores with a skin tightening all natural clay or
mud mask, or try this recipe: Mix 1 egg white with a few drops of lemon juice.
Using a brush, massage onto clean skin. Leave on for 5 minutes then rinse with
7. Chapped lips : Exfoliate your lips by using an old toothbrush and a menthol
based lip balm. Apply lip balm first, then brush gently with the toothbrush.
8. Moisturize your room : To keep skin from drying use humidifiers and keep the
room temperature moderate. Also, get some green plants; they add moisture to
9. Protect your skin : Photo-aging is responsible for as much as 80% of skin
damage--wrinkling, sagging, and discoloration or age spots. Use a safe sunscreen
and apply it before exposing your skin to the elements.
10. Skin cream : Applying a skin cream 2-3 times per day helps to protect clean
skin from daily assult. The most beneficial skin cream contains such anti-aging
ingredients as DMAE, Ascorbyl-Palmitate, ALA, Green Tea Extract and Vitamin E.
Andrew Pacholyk, MS. L.Ac
Therapies for healing
mind, body, spirit
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:
Community email addresses:
Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AlternativeAnswersemail@example.com
Shortcut URL to this page: