Esophageal Cancer: What You Need to Know
Millions of people are affected from esophageal cancer (or oesophageal cancer) and tens of thousands of people are dying from it worldwide.
Are there any clues that can guide us to avoid contracting esophageal cancer?
## 3 Important Facts about Esophageal Cancer
1. The esophagus is close to various organs, especially to the nearby lymph nodes, thus surgical operation may prove difficult.
2. Esophageal cancer is difficult or cannot be detected through general physical checkup, CT scan, or X-ray. A special form of diagnostic test is required particularly for this purpose.
3. Unfortunately, subjective symptoms are usually noticeable only after the esophageal cancer had spread around to adjacent tissues, which happens rather quickly.
Alcoholic drinks and cigarette smoking can indeed increase your risk of cancer or accelerate the worsening of the disease than any other known vices.
## Why alcohol may increase your risk of esophageal cancer?
Recently, medical report shows that alcohol produces large quantities of carcinogenic acetaldehyde, which accelerates the growth of cancer cells. If your face easily gets redness after drinking alcohol, then you are at a greater risk of developing esophageal cancer. This facial redness known as "alcohol flush reaction" is one of the best indications that you are in danger.
## Why do this happen? Here's why...
1. About 8% of the world's population has this condition, which is genetic, where the body lacks an enzyme that breaks down the alcohol properly.
2. The missing enzyme is aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2), which metabolizes alcohol into a non-toxic substanceacetate.
3. The remaining 92% of the population can drink with normal facial color because they have this enzyme.
4. For people who do not have this enzyme, the alcohol will turn into acetaldehyde instead, which is a chemical that has cancer-promoting effects, and causes DNA damage and facial redness.
5. According to a study, people who have facial flush and continue to drink, are 6 to 10 times more susceptible to esophageal cancer than those who do not have this genetic condition and drinking the same amount.
## And here's what you should do...
We recommend you to undergo special esophageal cancer checkup at least once a year or every two years. Esophageal cancer can be treated effectively and easily when detected early on.
Also, we recommend you not to drink and not to smoke to avoid worsening of cancer diseases. Again, facial redness due to alcohol consumption is a warning sign and could mean increased cancer risk.
## Esophageal Cancer Statistics
1. Esophageal cancer is the seventh leading cause of cancer death worldwide.
2. People of African descent have a higher incidence of esophageal cancer and mortality rate than Caucasians.
3. Esophageal cancer in general, is more common in men than in women, with a male-to-female ratio of 3.5:1.
4. Esophageal cancer is about 20 times more common in people older than 65 years.
About the Author:
Junji Takano is a Japanese health researcher involved in investigating the cause of many dreadful diseases. In 1968, he invented PYRO-ENERGEN, the first electrostatic therapy device that effectively eradicates viral diseases, cancer, and diseases of unknown cause.
Free newsletter: http://www.pyroenergen.com/newsletter.htm
Reprint Rights: You may reprint this article within your website, blog, or newsletter as long as the entire article remains the same as well as the "About the Author" box.
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:
Community email addresses:
Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AlternativeAnswersfirstname.lastname@example.org
Shortcut URL to this page: