Recipe: Herbal Face Lift
This recipe is too drying for the eye area, so avoid applying it there.
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup orrisroot
1/4 cup sea salt
2 tablespoons dulse (a kind of seaweed)
2 tablespoons kelp
1/2 cup distilled water
Several strips of 8? by 8? torn bed sheets, gauze, or other clean cotton material
1. Sift together the baking soda, orrisroot, and sea salt into a large bowl.
2. In a spice mill, powder the dulse and kelp and add to dry ingredients.
3. Heat the distilled water to boiling, then pour over the dry ingredients.
4. Stir thoroughly.
1. Wear a shirt with a fairly low neckline for easy access to your neck and chin.
2. Moisturize the jaw, chin, neck, and cheek area of your face with a light moisturizer or vegetable oil. Dab your face with a cloth to remove any excess oil or moisturizer.
3. Using a wooden spoon, small paint brush or spatula, apply the mixture to the jaw, chin, neck, and cheeks.
4. Immediately wrap the sheets or gauze snugly first around the neck, then from the chin around the head several times, to just below the eyes. Next, wrap sheet or gauze up over the top of the head and under the china few times to secure.
5. Relax and be quiet until the mixture and sheets become dry and tight (approx. 30 minutes). No talking--this will stretch the sheets and keep you from getting the results you desire.
6. Rinse your face and neck with the coldest water you can bear. Notice the surprising softening effects on your skin.
Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac
Therapies for healing
mind, body, spirit
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:
Community email addresses:
Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AlternativeAnswersfirstname.lastname@example.org
Shortcut URL to this page: