--- On Mon, 12/31/12, Michael Moore <email@example.com> wrote:
From: Michael Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: My New Year's Resolutions ...from Michael Moore
Date: Monday, December 31, 2012, 11:54 PM
My New Year's Resolutions ...from Michael Moore
Monday, December 31st, 2012
Happy New Year! Have you made your resolutions for 2013? Here are mine:
1. Learn the names of the people two doors down from me and invite them over for dinner.
2. Learn how to make dinner.
3. Buy a gun. Stroke it. Squeeze it. Hold it. Love it. Shoot it! Ahhhh... Buy more guns... Stroke them...
4. Stop saying "I support the troops." I don't. I used to. I understand why so many enlisted after 9/11. Sadly, many of them were then trapped and sent off to invade Iraq. I felt for all of them. I understood those who joined because of a lousy economy. But at some point all individuals must answer for their actions, and now that we know our military leaders do things that have nothing to do with defending our lives, why would anyone sign up for this rogue organization?
5. Apologize for #4. I have enormous respect for anyone who would offer to sacrifice their life to defend my right to live. Is there any greater gift one can give another? It's not the troops' fault they're sent to invade other countries for dubious reasons and outright lies. It's OUR responsibility to prevent this, to elect representatives who believe in peace, and to only put our troops in harm's way when it's absolutely necessary. My uncle was killed in World War II. Today would have been his 90th birthday. My dad still misses him. Our family has served this country in the military since the Revolutionary War. None of them watch Fox News.
6. Drink more water.
7. Wear color.
8. Find the best person who can run for and WIN the governor's chair here in Michigan in 2014. Work every day to win back the Michigan House and Senate from its Republican majority.
9. Read more fiction. Support my local indie bookstore. Help people create Little Free Libraries and put one up in front of our theater in Traverse City. Don't use glowing screens to read books. Write the next one.
10. Keep walking, dude!
That's my list. Send me yours via Twitter and Facebook. Click here to join me on the walks. Let's be kind to each other in the coming year. And let's encourage Obama to ACT, to make history, and to be remembered as one of our greatest presidents.
For a peaceful 2013,
Join Mike's Mailing List | Follow Mike on Twitter | Join Mike's Facebook Group | Become Mike's MySpace Friend
You are currently subscribed to michaelmoore as: email@example.com
Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to ensure delivery
Forward to a Friend | Manage Subscription | Subscribe | Unsubscribe
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
|Reply via web post||Reply to sender||Reply to group||Start a New Topic||Messages in this topic (1)|
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:
Community email addresses:
Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AlternativeAnswersemail@example.com
Shortcut URL to this page: