In Celebration of Beltane, May Day: Abundance, Renewal, Fertility
May 1st is considered May Day. A celebration of Spring, renewal, fertility and abundance. Make your May day a fertile one! Do something for yourself. If you can take some "me" time today, even if it is 15 minutes of quiet... do so. Eat some very nourishing food or maybe plan to take a nice hot bath at the end of the day. Retire early or just read a good book!
1. Balance Your Day: set boundaries with work, family, friends, exercise. To much of ANYTHING is not a good thing. Although we are constantly reminded that MODERATION is the key, we seldom recognize it in ourselves. Plan your day out on paper. Divide your time evenly and stick to it.
2. Improve How You Work: work smart. Do not allow the "fires you put out" each day to become uncontrollable. Allow a certain amount of time for these issues as well as new projects, clients or meetings.
3. Get Exercise: If you are saying, how can I exercise, when I have so much to do, this is all the more reason why you need to jump start your metabolism. Exercise is what your body instinctively wants to do especially under stress: fight or flight, and it works. It burns off some of the stress chemicals which tension produces. Therefore, a tired muscle is a relaxed muscle. Regular exercise builds stamina that can help anyone battle stress. But even something as casual as a walk around the block can help you burn off some of the tension that you carrying around as well as, increase blood circulation.
4. Take A Look At Food: Carbohydrates provide glucose for energy. Excessive carbohydrates can increase blood sugar levels to dangerous levels, which then makes your body shut down to protect itself. Protein is important because it allows the brain to synthesis the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine, which help keep your mind attentive and alert. Excessive protein levels make the organs of digestion work much harder to process this food and robs your energy stores. Find the balance for YOU. Listen to your body! It will tell you what makes you feel good and what does not. Especially in the long term. If you have issues with excess heat, look at eating foods that have a cooling nature. If you have excess cold, look at eating foods that have a warming nature. Neutral foods help to regulate our system.
5. Prepare for Better Sleep: Overthinking is a culprit that will rob you of great energizing and restorative sleep. Turn off that mind by starting to wind down early. Give yourself "quiet time". Utilize the power of peaceful music, a good book, diffusing essential oils, warm milk or tea before you lay down.
6. Manage Your Best Energy Times: Take advantage of your natural energy highs. Do your most strenuous work, thinking, planning, exercise when you have your greatest energy. Note the time of day when you feel your best and when you feel your worse. Expand your energy where it is most needed, pull back where you feel you can.
7. Keep Hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids, especially on hot, dry, windy days. If you're doing strenuous exercise, drink some fluids before the activity begins. You should also drink at regular intervals (every 20 minutes or so) during your activity and after the activity ends.
8. Boost Your Hormones: Reduce sedentary behaviors such as watching television and using computers. Being in one place for long periods actually slows metabolism and energy production. Proper nutrition is crucial for hormone balance. Essential fatty acids and nutrients such as vitamin A, B6, zinc, magnesium, and antioxidants are key factors to hormonal balance and therefore fertility.
9. Learn To Do Nothing: Our urge to drive ourselves to greater accomplishments, creates other issues such as exhaustion. Create/allow a few hours in your week to simply relax and do nothing. If you cannot find a few hours, it is time to rethink your priorities and commitments.
10. View Your Lifestyle: If illness is not the cause of your fertility, then it is a lifestyle issue. Are you creating unnecessary stress for yourself? Are there ongoing problems in your life that may be causing prolonged anxiety or depression? Consider counseling or talking about your issues with family, career personal or your doctor. Find the issues that are taking you away from a vital, fertile life!
Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac
Therapies for healing
mind, body, spirit
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (2)|
Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:
To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to:
Community email addresses:
Post message: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AlternativeAnswersemail@example.com
Shortcut URL to this page: