Soul Satisfying Journeys: Tips for Your Travel
Our journeys are about making choices. Whether it is a choice about where to go, how to go or when to go, the choice determines our outcome. Soul satisfying journeys are mindful trips that include self-awareness and a look within ourselves. This pertains to any journey, be it from place to place, action to action or decision to decision. The sum of our choices constitutes our life. The journey we take from start to finish. We may not always make the proper choices, but we are always allowed the ability to make another. No matter how far down the "wrong" road we may be, this road we chose, we chose for a reason. Here in lies life's lessons. Learn the lesson, then make your next choice. This is how we discover the daily journeys in a span of time that is ours and ours alone.
"Life is designed by our soul and spirit as our moment-by-moment opportunity to expand our consciousness."
Tips for a Soul Satisfying Journey
1. The Power of Positive Thinking: Negativity is the root that undermines our free flow of thought. The negative ideas we think can manifest in the words we speak. The minute the words leave your lips, is the minute they manifest. Change your thoughts to positive, uplifting ones. Think hope not hopelessness. Think goodness, not evil. Think joy not despair. Energy follows thought. Program thought to be positive and your energy will reflect it!
2. Networking : When traveling on any journey, take the time to meet those who cross your path. If you believe in Universal Attraction, then your purpose for those you meet will unfold.
3. Find Quiet Time: Turn off the cell phone, power down the laptop, cut yourself off from the constant world of communication. Try doing it for 15 minutes. Then add another 15 minutes. Build your time up to an hour, two hours, perhaps all day. Do you remember time before these communication tools?
4. Find Time To Meditate: Become aware of your breath. Learn to close your eyes, sit comfortable and smell the air around you. Enjoy the sounds of nature or your favorite music. Enjoy the many meditations in the meditation village.
5. Enjoy the Company of Those Around You: If you are on vacation with your significant other, your family or children, give them your full and undivided attention. Not only will you understand your will power but you will truly show your loved ones how important your time is with them!
6. Pamper Yourself : Take this time to enjoy a massage. Take a yoga class or give yourself a soothing bath or spa treatment. Do something for yourself that you would not normally do.
7. Be Flexible: You have a rigid, set schedule at work, with the kids or in your daily routine. Learn a lesson from the willow tree and its ability to bend in the great wind. Where as, when we are rigid like the old oak tree, we can easily break apart under the stress of change. Learn to relax and follow the path unfolding before you.
8. Become More Mindful: Mindfulness is the act of being fully aware of what happens in each moment. Try living in the NOW. Be present. Honor each moment you are given. Acknowledge each task you take.
9. Really Appreciating: what we DO have as opposed to what we would like to have, makes a significant difference. This is always an important element in any journey that is often neglected.
10. Find Happiness in Simplicity: and you will find the greatest joys yet revealed to you. Smile when you talk on the phone. Great everyone you pass by or meet today, with a smile. Appreciate the smell of the air, the warmth of the sun and the laughter in children. Make that the stepping stones of your travels.
"The journey is not finding satisfaction in the end but savoring each moment on the road there."